BioTrust IC-5 Review – Does The Supplement Actually Work?
C-5 is an insulin sensitivity supplement made by BioTrust Nutrition, a company that uses only high quality natural ingredients, scientifically proven formulation, and strict quality controls on their products. BioTrust IC-5 is made from 5 key ingredients that have been proven by one study or another to increase sensitivity to insulin and improve management of blood sugar. Taking IC-5 not only restores your insulin sensitivity, but will even allow you to consume more carbohydrates than you typically do.
What It Is & How It Works
Insulin is an important peptide hormone in the body that is essential for the regulation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It basically cleans up the bloodstream of blood sugar after eating carbohydrates and brings it back to the muscles where it can be burned as energy rather than being deposited as fat.
However when people consume a lot of processed carbohydrates, blood sugar and insulin levels spike, resulting in slow and gradual insulin resistance. When this happens, insulin efficiency drops and blood sugar is no longer regulated as effectively, leading to an increase in fat storage. What’s worse is that it can eventually result in type 2 diabetes and a number of secondary health problems that all lead back to insulin insensitivity.
As mentioned, BioTrust IC-5 is made from a combination of 5 key ingredients, all of which have been scientifically proven to treat insulin sensitivity or lower blood glucose in one way or another. Let’s take a closer look at each of them:
- Cinnamomum Burmannii – Commonly known as Indonesian cassia or Indonesian cinnamon, Cinnamomum Burmannii is a shrub that has been traditionally used as a flavoring in a variety of foods and beverages, even gums. It has been shown to enhance the protein levels that are involved in insulin signaling, glucose transport and response to anti-inflammatory/anti-angiogenesis. Therefore, extracts from Cinnamomum Burmannii can be used to reduce resistance to insulin and as treatment for pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Berberine – Berberine is a plant alkaloid that has been used for centuries in traditional Indian medicine. It works slightly differently than Cinnamomum Burmannii, improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood glucose. It has been found to be just as effective as one of the top drugs for type 2 diabetes.
- Zychrome – Zychrome is a branded, trademarked, and researched-backed ingredient that has been shown to promote insulin sensitivity and healthy insulin function. Taking 400μg of Zychrome daily—the exact same amount in IC-5—for 12 weeks has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity by 30%.
- Benfotiamine – This is a derivative of Thiamine, helps burn off and block the body’s ability to manufacture Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGEs). AGEs play a significant role in oxidative stress, impaired glucose function, and aging. A recent study demonstrated that taking Benfotiamine before a carbohydrate-containing meal that was also high in AGEs was markedly effective at improving carbohydrate management and reducing harmful AGEs within hours.
- Naringin – Nargingin is a flavonoid found naturally in grapefruits and other citrus fruits. It has been shown to inhibit P-glycoprotein (P-gp), a compound that can reduce the absorption of Berberine by as much as 90%. By inhibiting P-gp, Naringin has the potential to double the bioavailability of compounds like Berberine.
The combination of these ingredients makes BioTrust IC-5 one of the most potent supplements of its kind. It helps to manage your blood sugar levels, directs glycogen to your muscles so it doesn’t get stored as fat, and increases your sensitivity to insulin, all while while boosting insulin production levels.
Benfotiamine and Naringin both provide direct antioxidant support, which plays an important role in promoting insulin sensitivity and improving carbohydrate management.
The ingredients that comprise BioTrust IC-5 are recognized as some of the most powerful insulin insensitivity and blood sugar management treatments available in the market. All of them are fast-acting, lowering blood glucose in as little as hours and improving insulin sensitivity in as little as four days. BioTrust has conveniently combined them into a single powerful formula so you only have to take one pill, not five.
If there is anything I can’t say I like about BioTrust IC-5, it’s the cost. A single bottle costs $69. There aren’t many supplements of this kind, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that you have to pay a premium for it. BioTrust does have a few different options that lower the price (I may earn compensation for my review of this BioTrust product) if you buy more than one bottle at a time… which is probably worth doing.
Either way, there’s a 100% money-back guarantee that is good for a year, so you can purchase BioTrust IC-5 and take full advantage of the savings without any risk that you might not be satisfied by the product. It doesn’t actually do anything to lower the cost of entry into using the product, but at least you can save on the supplement with the company’s guarantee.
Is It Worth It?
If you are looking for a way to manage your blood glucose levels and improve your insulin sensitivity, there are few supplements in the market that are as potent as BioTrust IC-5. Make no mistake. Some of the ingredients may have been originally used in traditional medicine, but clinical trials have all proven their effectiveness, with some being so fast-acting that blood glucose levels drop within hours, not days.
If you really need a good reason to buy BioTrust IC-5, look no further than the company itself. The supplement industry is largely unregulated in the U.S., with supplements often being formulated with less than the declared amount of the key ingredients, and sometimes none at all. Some supplements are even formulated in response to the latest trends, so there is less of a focus on safety and effectiveness than there is to get a supplement out there that meets the demands of the market. BioTrust follows a 7-step research and testing protocol to ensure their supplements are made from the best all-natural ingredients and deliver exactly what is promised on the label.
Finally, it’s backed by a 100% money-back guarantee, so if you have any reservations about getting IC-5, know that you can get it risk free. This applies to all of BioTrust’s supplements as well.