OmegaKrill 5x Review – Is BioTrust Omega 3 Supplement Worth It?
For anyone considering BioTrust’s krill oil supplement, below is thorough review. I’m confident that this will help you decide if it’s right for you. Now, unlike the majority of other OmegaKrill 5X reviews out there, we’ll get into both the pros and the cons of this supplement.
But before we really dive into this OmegaKrill review, I’d like you to know where I stand.
- Yes, krill oil really is much better for you and OmegaKrill 5X is a great supplement
- No, it is not some magical cure-all pill that will make you 5 times healthier by simply taking it
If you’re considering buying this supplement (or any other) because you’re hoping that it’s the magic pill … it’s not. Supplements are only that – supplements to what should already be a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Also, if you haven’t downloaded BioTrust’s free report, “15 Foods That Damage Your Heart” by Phil Spies, MD, I recommend you do that even before reading this review. Make sure to click here to download it (I may earn compensation for my review of this BioTrust product.) … and then finish reading this page.
It goes into Toxic Inflammation Overload and why and how we should avoid it.
Now that we’ve covered these obvious but necessary points, let’s look at the following:
Who Is BioTrust Nutrition?
BioTrust Nutrition is a company set up by two friends, Josh and Joel, who have worked in the fitness and nutrition industry for many years. Because it can be so hard to find quality health supplements, they started their own line. Here is what they say eacy of their product and their business will be based on:
- The ingredients have to be 100% natural and come from sustainable sources.
- Full transparency has to be offered about the ingredients in the product.
- Scientific evidence has to be present to back the ingredients used in the supplement or product.
- All ingredients work in synergy with each other.
- People should only have to take a single supplement to achieve the results they are looking for.
What Is OmegaKrill 5x?
OmegaKrill 5x is the latest BioTrust product and it has been very well received. People have faith in BioTrust products because of their consistent quality and strong company values. And the research and ingredients behind OmgaKrill 5x show this to be another great product.
This omega supplement uses both fish oil and krill oil, giving people the best of both worlds. As always, the oils have been harvested through sustainable sources. Not just that, they come from the Antarctic Ocean and the waters along the coast of Peru, where there is little to no pollution, meaning that the oils are free from toxins.
OmegKrill 5x delivers five times more DHA, EPA and Astaxanthin (an antioxidant) than any other product like it.
One of the reasons it is able to do this is through the patented microencapsulation technology that BioTrust supplements often use. The delivery method is known as VESIorb, which means that the highest rate of absorption is achieved, rather than most of the product being lost somewhere along the digestive tract.
Click here to see pricing and discounts available.
One tablet delivers 2,400mg of DHA and EPA, as well as 1mg of Astaxanthin.
Research Behind BioTrust OmegaKrill 5x
The majority of omega 3 products available on the market today have high concentrations of EPA. This is mainly because it is very easy to harvest EPA and it is readily available. However, we now know that DHA is actually far more important.
- DHA helps reduce inflammation by lowering triglycerides in the blood. This means it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, thereby increasing protection against heart disease.
- DHA improves short and long term memory and it helps people have better and quicker reaction times.
- DHA is now being used to treat patients with arthritis, type 2 diabetes and kidney disease.
- DHA can be converted to EPA if necessary, but the opposite is not true.
The ratio of EPA to DHA in BioTrust OmegaKrill 5x is 1:4.
Omega 3: ALA, EPA & DHA
There are actually three types of fatty acids, which, when combined, create what we know as Omega 3. These acids are ALA, EPA and DHA. It is very important to receive sufficient omega 3, as they are essential acids. An essential fatty acid is an acid that we have to have in order to be healthly, but that our body does not produce naturally.
Our diets, currently, are full of omega 6, and it is hugely important to have a balance between these two, which means we have to consume higher concentrations of omega 3 in our diet in order to rebalance this.
The health benefits of omega 3 are well documented. They include having anti-inflammatory properties (prevention and reduction), thereby helping against arthritis and heart disease. Further, they impact cognitive functioning and behavior and they are incredibly important for proper fetal development. Other suggested health benefits include:
- Better health of the arteries due to lowering the formation of plaque, hence reducing the chance of blood clots.
- Lower cholesterol due to increasing good cholesterol (this is achieved by EPA and DHA only).
- Improves joint health and bone health.
- Helps with mental health conditions, acting as a mood lifter.
- Improves the health of the skin, functioning of the bowels, health of the lungs and menstrual cycle.
- Can help prevent cancer.
The two most important fatty acids are DHA and EPA. It is important to understand these two and what their specific benefit are:
- DHA comes from algae, seafood and cold water fish. These include sardines, salmon and albacore tuna. One of the main benefits is that because DHA can be sourced from algae, it can be suitable for vegetarians. Furthermore, DHA is often not contaminated with heavy metals.
- EPA can be sourced from the same food as DHA, however, it is also found in various other fishes, including herring, cod liver, halibut and mackerel. It is quite rare for EPA to come from algae, however, meaning it is more difficult to find a vegetarian option. Furthermore, it is easier to get EPA from the other fish like mackerel and herring. However, these fish are more susceptible to heavy metal poisoning.
The Omega Krill 5x supplements comes in the form of softgels. There are three softgels per serving. Here is a list of the ingredients that come in each serving:
- Supercritical Ultra-PUrified Fish & Krill Oil – 789mg
- Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids – 480mg
- EPA as Triglyceride – 64mg
- DHA as Triglyceride – 392mg
- Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids – 24mg
- Astaxanthin – 300mcg
Other Ingredients Include: Gelatin, glycerin, sorbitol, purified water, capsule color (annatto and titanium dioxide), VESIsorb®, Absorption Enhancement Matrix (MCT oil, nonionic surfactant, polyglycerol fatty acid esters) and natural orange citrus oil.
- BioTrust uses Supercritical CO2 Extraction, which means that fish oil is harvested very low temperatures. Hence, the oil retains all its stability, making it as healthy as it possibly can be. The krill oil used in the supplement has been certified by the MSC (Marine Stewardship Council), which further demonstrates how ethical it is. All ingredients, hence, are sustainable and traceable.
- BioTrust does not sacrifice quality in order to get their prices down.
- The benefits of EPA and DHA are very well documented. However, OmegaKrill 5x is the first to focus much stronger on DHA, which our body can convert to EPA if it needs to.
- OmegaKrill 5x, as the name suggests, delivers five times as much omega 3 than other products.
- BioTrust offers amazing customer services, including an unprecedented one year money back guarantee. If you are not happy with the results of your product after using multiple bottles for a year, you get all of your money back, no questions asked.
- BioTrust is not known for offering great prices. Although they do always discount their products if you purchase more, it remains quite an expensive product.
Is It Any Good?
BioTrust’s OmegaKrill 5x really is a good supplement. It delivers the right type of omega 3 through both DHA and EPA – but with higher concentrations of the more important DHA.
The fact that we need omega 3 in our diet is no secret. Particularly now that our diet mainly contains omega 6, which is throwing off our digestion and overall health, it’s actually becoming more and more important.
Where To Buy?
BioTrust does not sell OmegaKrill 5x on Amazon, GNC, ebay or any other place.
The only place I recommend you buy OmegaKrill 5x is through the actual BioTrust website. (they guarantee lowest price)
All-in-all, it’s a high quality supplement and a healthy one as well.
NOTE: Before taking any supplement it is always a good idea to consult with your physician first.